RECENT POST

This I learnt from a friend long back Mrs.S was actually had made these into small balls and was drying it out in the sun, and when I was passing near her place I noticed it, and I was curious to know what she was doing, & I stood as usual leaning on her gate, with my usual posture and asked her what she was doing and then she told me about this recipe !!, The only thing i did was I was not drying them out in the sun but grind them into a paste and saute it in oil and store it in a fridge if anything was left over !! as soon as I grind it.well, let's go to the recipe then.

GREEN PASTE/GREEN CHUTNEY OR THOKKU

Ingredients:

  • 1 bunch of coriander leaves
  • 1 bunch of mint leaves
  • 2 to 3 sprigs of curry leaves
  • Marble size of Tamarind
  • marble size of jaggery
  • 4 to 5 green chillies (or according to the spicyness you like)
  • 1/4 cup of oil
  • 1 tbsp mustard seeds
  • required quantity of salt

METHOD:

  1. First of all wash all the greens nicely and chop them coarsely with the green chillies and tamarind juice extract and jaggery and required quantity of salt and grind them into a coarse paste.
  2. Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds when they splutter add this ground paste to it and saute for few minutes
  3. Once it is cooled you can store it in a bottle in fridge and it stays for more than 15 days.
  4. But if you want to store it for still longer time like my friend did grind the ingredients to a paste and make small round balls flatten them or how ever you want it and dry them in the sun nicely and use it for making bhel or chutney or for any other recipe you need mixing it with little water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online