RECENT POST

Hi all, as I keep telling often I am an utter disaster when posting recipes, either I post them with links or forget to post them and only cook and eat!!, or forget to e-mail the host!!, how good is that!!, this is one of them, when I saw this tried and tested event I wanted to participate and it was from sunshinemom's blog, and as usual I did 2 dishes from her blog but never posted them!!.
Like Aparna, Harini is one of my favourite bloggers, who inspires in taking good photos, and slowly turning me into a vegan with her vegan recipes, every time I bake, I try to look if I can make it vegan, I even drink milk with half milk and half soya milk, So, you all know where I am now !?  But, I still can't resist milk and milk products, I think it will take a long time to stop drinking milk or eating milk based sweets, I love Bengali sweets so much!!, Harini is becoming a great photographer, love her photographic techniques, and her style of photographing too.., Even though she is a mentor to my photographic lessons, I am not even the first step of photography, As she wrote, I should study my camera and know how it works.., now I am not able to use my camera at all, as my laptop has a vista version and the CD of the camera can only work on the windows XP, hubby has told me he will help me out!!, but has not taken any step at all!!??, men...,
OOps!! let me come back to the recipe.., you must see the original recipe here as I tweaked it a little bit as usual, for lovely photographs too..,

ALOO CHAT















Ingredients:
  • Potatoes take as much as you want to satisfy your tounge tickling
  • I took around 8 medium sized potatoes boiled and skin peeled
  • 1 tsp ginger & garlic paste
  • 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
  • 1 tsp cumin powder
  • 1 tsp chat masala powder
  • 2 to 3 Red Onions
  • 8 to 10 sprigs of coriander leaves
  • 1 medium sized grated carrot
  • 1 cup of thin sev
  • 1/4 tsp Amchur powder
METHOD:
  1. Boil the potatoes and peel the skin and cut them into cubes, grate carrots, chop the onions finely, wash and chop coriander leaves finely keep everything ready.
  2. Take a wok and add  2 to 3 tbsp of oil and roast these potatoes lightly crispy, mix garlic and ginger paste. fry for 2 more minutes.
  3. Add salt, chilli powder, amchur powder, cumin and chat masala powder and mix well.
  4. Roast them for 2 more minutes with a closed lid, so that the aloos (potatoes) absorb the masala take them out.
  5. Share these in bowls top them with few grated carrots, chopped onions, chopped coriander, and top it with sev and serve with mint chutney, sweet chutney or khara chutney. like down below.
  6. Kids loved the Tamarind chutney also called the sweet chutney.
TAMARIND CHUTNEY WITH ALOO CHAT















Ingredients:
  • 100gms -Tamarind size of Lime
  • 100gms - Jaggery 1/4 cup
  • 7 to 8 Dates 
  • 1/4 tsp Cumin powder 
  • 1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
  • A pinch of  salt 
METHOD:
  • Soak Tamarind, Jaggery and dates with 1 to 1 & 1/2 cup of water for an hour, (If you want to make it quick in a microwavable bowl place all the ingredients and microwave for 1 minute). Take out the juice that is extract all the juice and strain the juice and then add salt, chilli powder and jeera powder.
  • Boil this in a vessel, and remove it from fire once the chutney starts thickening, Just for this process do not add too much of water.
  • If you want you can omit the masala powders in them, they just give a kick to the chutney.., if you are using them for anything else.
  • I sometimes make them more and use them in my gravies.
Enjoy the Aloo chat, Bhel puri Chat, or any other chats you make as they are called the street foods and immensely enjoyed by Indians, In every knook and corner of the God's own country and famous for its amazing, delectable, food should I say cuisine around the world.

And here is something I was bestowed with from Jyothi of the veggie hut , some beautiful awards, thank you so much jyothi for all the lovely awards, I had done this Kreative award long back, and I had such an hard time to give it 7 more bloggers who hadnt recieved it, I thought I should give to the new bloggers with these awards then they are recognised and their lovely creative saga in the kitchen where they unfold the love and art of cooking, I will not go through about the 7 things about me but, I will try my best to pass it on to the new bloggers, here EC is going to help me with her new bloggers column which she has started to introduce them to the blogging world....
The awards are here take a peek at them..., thanks jyothi of thinking about me....

I would like to pass these awards to
Jisha, Pooja, swathi, Chitra, Le-bouffe, Jayashree, and all the other bloggers and non-bloggers should share these awards with me..., I just picked them out as EC said they were new to blogging world, but definitely not to cooking, they have interesting recipes in their blogs do check them out.....
Happy blogging dear friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online