RECENT POST

Hi All,
Wondering why I back here with an other Onion pakodis recipes, or are you thinking if I have forgotten that I have already posted Onion Pakoras Soooo ????, what's the big deal in it ???, well, I slightly changed it with some new Ingredient which gave it a different taste, so here I am with this!!, hope you all would try and like it!.
Onions are such wonderful vegetable, I think the whole world loves, and the I think the Onion Pakodis are the best in the world, nothing to compare or compromise on taste!, After coming here I noticed people here in Britain love these as much as we do, and they call it Onion Bhaji's, and they are made a little different from the pakodis, I know that most of you know how it is done, may be some day I will post that recipe, just to make me feel that I ate those Bhajis here,when I lived here!!, someday...., when I am back in India.
From my childhood I loved onions so much, it was like a staple diet to me, even though Mum did not use onions the rate I use, I think there would no house without onions in their kitchen basket, So were we, I was kind of Introduced to eating onions raw by my Uncle, My Mom's younger sister's husband, sorry to bother you to read this but I just thought I would like to remember him, He was a wonderful person, with a wonderful attitude towards life, died which I felt was a young age of around 65. He loved having guests and gave them a royal treatment, I think my Aunt never missed a day where she would just cook for her family. Summer holidays were so good as we used to visit her or they used to visit us, it was alternatively done, as she stayed in KrisnarajaSagar Dam!, Oh!, I know how you might be wondering how somebody can stay in a Dam, well, there is a small town next to the dam I think people who have come from Mysore would know this and is called KRS!, Oh! I would like to write a lot about my days there may be next time.
Coming back to what I was saying, he used to chop some onions and keep it next to his plate and I should rather say not only me but all the three of us used to watch him eat it with his Rasam, Sambhar etc.., that's how I got addicted to eating raw onions, it was and is so much better than eating poppodums or any other fried goodies!, An other friend of mine Mrs.Meena Murthy, one day introduced me to use onions as a substitute for fresh coconut with dry curries/ Palya!. I chop one or two onions with some of the dry curries I stir up.
Let's get back to the recipe now! at last!...,

CRISPY ONION PAKODIS

INGREDIENTS:
2 to 3 Onions
Salt as Required
Red Chillie powder as Required
1/4 cup Chick pea powder
1/4 cup Daria/Chutney Dal powder
1 tbsp of Rice flour
2 sprigs of curry leaves
4 tbsp of Roasted Peanut Powder
Oil to Deep fry

Things you need to know: I have used the Ingredients to my requirement with the Onions I have used, My onions were bigger than the usual ones, Sieve all the flours together and keep it aside, except the Roasted peanut powder and chillie powder.

METHOD:
First of all remove or peel the skin from the Onions, cut them in half and a half again, then slice them into thin strips
Then take chickpea powder, Dharia powder and rice flour and sieve together and keep it aside
Take these chopped onions in a bowl, add required quantity of salt, chillie powder, washed and finely chopped curry leaves, mix well and keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
when Onion is mixed with salt it starts giving out water, so basically this is the Idea, which helps us not to add more water and the pakodas turn out crispy.
After the given time add the Peanut powder first mix well, then start adding the flour little by little until all the water is absorbed, do not add too much of the powder, you can store this if it is left over and use it next time.
The mixture should be like as if the onions are coated with the powder but not completely immersed with lot of flour which spoils the crispiness.
Then take little by little do not pat it into a round shape but drop them in strands, I hope you understand what I trying to tell you. Even the strands should not be like single strands, just drop it using a spoon little by little, that's it.
Deep fry them to golden brown and place them on kitchen towels, which helps to absorb oil from the pakoras.
I found that using peanut powder, gave a oily touch to the mixture and it was I should say made a lot of difference to the pakoras, that was my opinion!, try out and let me know, here's an other peak of the lovely plate....

I would like to send this to Sharmis Lets Munch Event, I don't have to say anything more if it goes well with tea!, Enjoy and have a lovely day.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online