RECENT POST

Hi everybody, how are you all today, This is a recipe I tried when I had lot of Tomatoes, the result was quite amazing, The pooris were quite crispy and was not very oily, My kids and friends and H loved it, well I had to get satisfied with Tomato Chapatis :),
My daughter doesn't like Tomatoes in her mouth, she thinks she is not able to swallow it!, it's kind of funny though it has all started recently and my H says he was like that, I don't believe these things, it is nothing hereditary right ?, I think people have all these notions which I really can't stand.  well, whatever it is I am mother, rather a horrible mother as my friends say, I make sure that my kids will never say we don't like this we don't like that (any thing vegetarian I mean), that's how my Dad brought us up, I love to eat all kind of veggies and fruits, may be I have preferences and like something more than the other, but I love to try everything out.
Coming back to the recipe, I thought of making pooris and then I decided I will not make something ordinary and turned up making this.
My Verdict: It was really good, crispy and not very oily I thought.

TOMATO POORIS


















INGREDIENTS:
3 Tomatoes (Pureed)
4 to 4 and 1/2 Cup Whole wheat Atta flour
1 and 1/2 tsp Salt or as required
1/2 tsp Chilli powder (optional)
1/2 tsp Coriander powder (optional)
1/2 tsp Cumin powder (optional)

METHOD:
The Tomatoes which you can see in the picture are the same sized tomatoes which I used to make the puree, I just chopped them and run it in my mixie, that's how I pureed it, If you want you can filter the juice that way you can get rid of the pips and skin, but I didn't want to throw anything,


















I took that pureed Tomatoes in a bowl, to that I added required quantity of salt (Remember this salt or any other Ingredients may differ from yours so it is just very important to know what and how much you are adding), then the chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder all these are optional if you don't want your kid to eat it spicy you can just omit it.
Do not add any water, Just add the whole wheat flour mix well  and make it into a smooth soft dough, cover with a tea towel, leave it for few minutes (say about 10 minutes).
Your dough is ready to go now....
Heat oil in a wok, Take Gooseberry sized ball, flatten it into a round and fry it deep in oil.
Little things or should I say tips I take care to make nice round pooris, which fluff up beautifully.....
Do not ever dip the ball in any flour, dip the ball in oil, I just dip it in the oil which I am using to making pooris, Please be careful just dip a little bit, as it will be hot, if you are not used to it, do not try it out but use oil from your container, using this as base flatten it into a round shape.
Once you drop the poori dough into the oil, with your ladle pour oil over it, and give it a little press now and then this makes the pooris to fluff up.
I always use my wheat flour to make pooris, only if I call friends and family I use plain flour, 1/2  and 1/2 so it looks more white then :)).
Let's take an other look at my Lovely Tomato Pooris.., This is actually for my friend Swapna, who is been asking me to post the recipe. I promised and never posted, here it is for you girl, go ahead and try it out dear.

I am sending this to Priya's cooking with seeds event hosted  by suma of Veggie platter, and


c you soon.... take care back soon with an other recipe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online