RECENT POST

This is pacchadi I like the most, this pacchadi I learnt from my sis-in-law, padmini, when she told me she was going to make pacchadi out of this, I was wondering how is it going to taste because she was going to fry them together !!, Well, needless to say it was absolutely delightful, even though I do not relish curds much, I love all pacchadis when we add curds to it, and that too in summer I love eating curds, may be that is the only time I think I eat lot of curds in different forms, and once the summer is gone, I hate to eat curds, so I always try to make pacchadis and relish eating them.  But, my second daughter & sis-in-law's daughter love eating curds anytime of the day or anytime of the year, they don't even need anything to accompany it!!, maybe that is why I think both of them don't relish eating any spicy food.
Let me come back to the recipe, it's quite simple and absolutely delightful to eat...here is the recipe...

OKRA - TOMATO PACCHADI



Ingredients:
  • 6 to 7 medium sized Okras (Bendekaayi)
  • 1 medium sized Tomato
  • 1 tbsp of oil
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1 tsp chenna dal
  • 1 tsp urad dal
  • 1 sprig curry leaves
  • 2 to 3 green chillies
  • a pinch of asafoetida
  • 2 sprigs of coriander leaves
  • salt as required
  • 2 or 3 cups of curds

METHOD:
  1. Wash & dry the okras and cut them into 1/2 or 1/4'' pieces and keep aside
  2. wash & cut tomatoes, green chillies too.
  3. Take a wok, heat oil add green chillies + chenna dal+urad dal+ curry leaves and fry for few minutes 
  4. Then add cut Okras and fry until they become crisp & cooked
  5. Then add the cut tomatoes and fry for few minutes, they get cooked fast then add the finely cleaned & chopped coriander leaves mix well and take it out from the wok and transfer it into a vessel and allow it cool.
  6. Once when it is completely cool add 2 or 3 cups of curds.
  7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it with rice or chapatis




0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online