RECENT POST

I Got this recipe from sister's book, actually the book says I have to wash & dry sago in the sun and then grind it into a fine powder, as I am little short of sun shine and time! I omitted this process and tried the recipe and it really tuned out very well!!. And I did some little changes to the batter, it did not call for urad dal, Kusabalakki (white easy cook rice) which I added.


SAGO DOSA (SABAKKI DOSA)















Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of Raw Rice
  • 1/2 cup of Kusabalakki (white easy cook rice)
  • 1 cup Tuvar dal
  • 1/2 cup Urad dal
  • 1 cup sago (I used very small ones)
  • 1 cup slightly soured curds (yogurt)
METHOD
  1. Grind sago into a fine powder as much as possible in a mixie and soak it in soured curds for 2-3 hours
  2. Mean while Soak rice & Dals around 3-4 hours
  3. Once they are well soaked, Grind them all together into a fine dosa batter, which is now ready to go on the tawa
  4. Make nice crispy dosas and relish with your favourite side dish

SAGO DOSA WITH ONIONS


METHOD

For the same plain batter you can add
  • fine chopped onions
  • required quantity of green chillies according to your taste buds
  • finely chopped coriander leaves a few sprigs
  • finely chopped curry leaves a few sprigs
Mix & keep these aside and as I have told in Onion Uttapam after spreading the dosa a little bit thicker than the plain dosas sprinkle this mixture and roast it on both side and serve.

SAGO GUNTAPANGANAALU/GULIAPPA


First of all I like to thank Suchi my friend who bought this Guntapanganaalu chetti from India, when she went back for her son's first birthday celebrations, with all the celebrations and very less time to stay and with her time limit she never forgot to bring this for me, which I kept forgetting whenever I went back, she gave this as a present to me!!, how very kind of her. Thank you suchi for your thought.., we all loved and enjoyed it so much.., Coming back to the recipe...

With the above plain batter mix the chopped ingredients mentioned in onion uttapam and pour them on to the guntapanganallu chetti with a drop of oil on it, as it is a non-stick one it does not require more oil to cook, here we go lovely guntapanganallus in few minutes.

Actually Guntapanganallus are usually made the next day after the use of left over Dosa batter as it turns a sour so, it gives a sour taste and gives more relish to the dish, I made them immediately because I had used soured curds in my batter which was perfect for it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online