RECENT POST

Chigodilu for the Indian cooking challenge for the month of November

Hi all, Christmas and New year comming soon, everybody is so busy, me too!!, It's been almost a month I posted anything, and I was so happy, that I made such good friends through blogging, few of them enquiring what happened to me, thanks to all of you, I think I will get going now.., I missed doing my daring bakers challenge too, I miss it, but, I am going to do it soon enough and post it in my blog, I have not been able to visit everybody's blog, peeping now and then, I might have missed so many lovely dishes posted by you all, but I will look into them soon, Well, thank God!, I couldn't miss Indian Cooking Challenge, started by Srivalli and November month's challenge was making chigodilu , Valli is giving us new things to do in cooking and making us put on little weight!!, and making my children and friends enjoying all that I make, and me trying my best not to eat!!, Oh! everything becomes so difficult when I see the savouries my mouth starts watering, and this one just looked like kodubale's from karnataka state, which is my favourite, I thought I should try this out, and the process which I often do for my Ubbu rottis and other dishes I make from the basic flour made this way, but, I never new that this can fried in oil and made as a snack!!, thanks for the challenge valli, and also sorry for posting this so late, as usual, I wanted to post this in the morning, I couldn't make it, my daughter fell sick yesterday night, I had to go to work, after that, I really thought she must have caught the flu, she is alright now, thank to God!, the school closes tomorrow, with the tempratures dropping down here, children won't listen if you tell them cover your head and go out!! and end up with blocked nose and head becoming heavy and what nots, So, I made mologu rasam today, I am really tired, sometimes I wonder why did I ever venture into this!, sorry let me go back to the recipe..

CHEGODILU





Srivalli had given two recipes, I decided to try both of them the one white in colour is the one where in rice flour and maida is used, the one with little bubbles in it are made with moong dal, it was slightly darker in colour because of the dal. well, both of them tasted very well. I have written both the recipes the method is quite the same.

Ingredients:

1 cup - Rice floour
1 cup - water
2 tbsp - Split moong dal
1 tsp - Cumin Seeds
1 tsp -  Sesame seeds
1 tsp - Chilli powder
1 tbsp - Ghee or Oil
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying

Method:
Make the dough:
Soak the moong dal in water for 1/2 to 1 hour, in a deep pan boil water, then add salt, ghee and moong dal. bring to boil, simmer and slowly add rice flour using a wooden ladle mix flour with water and mix it well and close the lid and leave it for some time, turn off the heat immediately.
I added cumin seeds, chilli powder also into the water when it was boiling and then continued the process as said above, add added sesame seeds only in the end. if it is a little sticky you can use rice flour just dip your hand and take it out and make the rounds or apply oil to your hand and make the rounds and deep fry in batches, as moong dal is added it gives a golden red colour.

II Recipe: Ingredients:

3/4 cup - Rice flour
1/4 cup - Maida (All purpose flour)
2 tbsp - Ghee
1/4 tsp - Ajwain
1/4 tsp - Red chilli powder
a pinch turmeric powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp -  Oil or Ghee
Oil for deep frying

Method:

Method is just the same as above, here also I added everything to the water and mixed the flours in the water and kneaded them into a soft dough and carried on with the same procedures to make the chigodilus, nice and crispy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online