RECENT POST

I have loads of these Goodies to post and they are just piling up in my folder, I just made this 2 days back, when my H forgot to get bread for my children, as they take only sandwiches I was quite upset, especially my son gets very hungry and if he doesn't eat at right time, he ends up having headaches :(, as I myself wasn't feeling well, I was really not upto make anything, After 3 long years (except when I go to India) I went to a resturant and had some food and some chat!!, which didnt seem to help me in any way, I had a tummy upset and I was quite tired. The whole day I had just yogurt and in the evening I ate some rice with yogurt again!!, coming back to my recipe I made myself up and decided I will bake something for my kids with what I have in hand, I saw 2 apples and thought of using them up, that is when I started searching for a recipe and I ended up here, like I have found gold, I started digging through her recipe Index and this caught my attention!!, I thought this was quite an interesting recipe and absolutely healthy one too, I had walnuts and Flaxseed too!!, how good is that!!, I was so happy, This lady has such a wonderful recipe collection and her write was very interesting too., with a carefree attitude with her cooking and writing and beautiful clicks, she mesmerized me, such an young talented and gifted, spirited person she is!!, Thanks Joy wilson I had such a Joy in baking this bread with your culinary skills.., Only thing is I tweaked it a little bit by making it Eggless, If you want to use eggs check out the recipe here.

EGGLESS APPLE, WALNUTS AND FLAXSEED BREAD

INGREDIENTS:
1 Cup All purpose Flour
3/4 Cup whole wheat flour
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar packed (I used Demerara granulated sugar)
2 tsp Baking Powder ( I used 1 tsp Baking Powder)
1 tsp Baking soda ( I used 2tsp Baking soda)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
2/3 Butter milk ( I used the milk which was in the process of becoming yogurt!!, halfway through!!)
1/3 cup Unsalted butter ( I used less than 1/4 cup may be 4 to 5 tbsp of canola oil)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Large eggs ( I omitted)
1 tbsp Flax seed Powder
1 cup Grated Apple ( I used 1 cup apple puree from 3 Apples as shown in pic)
1/2 coarsely chopped walnuts
4 tbsp of Maple syrup


METHOD:
Preheat the oven to 350 degree Farenheit, then line a baking loaf tin and keep aside.
I first sifted all the Dry ingredients the two flours, BP, BS, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg powder together and kept them ready
Then I peeled the skin of the apples cut them into segments and microwaved them for a minute and let them to cool.
Then in a mixie I gave a quick grinding to the apples and made them into a puree, to this I added flaxseed powder, buttermilk, canola and  maple syrup for a few minutes so they all combined well together.
I took this into a large bowl, added sugar and vanilla essence and whisked well until they blended well with the help of a hand whisk.
To this I started adding flour little by little until everything was together, to this I added chopped walnuts, I did not use any water as the batter was perfect, If it is dry try adding little water at a time, so it resembles the cake consistency.
Then pour this mixture into the prepared tin and bake it for 30 to 35 minutes or as always insert a tooth pick and check out if it done, that is the tooth pick comes out clean, This means your bread is done!!
Viola!! you have your lovely bread
My Verdict: The cake was a hit, my kids just loved it and promise it didn't really last long!!, It got over already, I baked it on Sunday night and it is tuesday today and is nothing left!!
The best moist, soft cake I ever baked, I think, it is a keeper, best of all kids had a very healthy food to consume!!

 
Look at the texture of the cake , it was perfect................

Look how perfectly I could slice the loaves, isn't it Gorgeous.......
Here's one last look at my awesome Bread, for a healthy heart!!!


This bread I am sending of to the Bread Baking day with kochoptf who is hosting this months BBB#31, A special occassion of BBD as this is the 3rd Anniversary and she wants us all to go nuts with Bread Baking - nuts!!, and I also wish to send this to Bake of event of champa's

Hoping you all so will go nuts with this bread.... (just kidding!!, as my daughter says!!)..love you all, take care, c u soon.............
I would like to send this to Mharo Rajasthan's CWS- Event, Flax seeds, being my favourite and I use it in loads of my dishes, who is guest hosting Priya's Event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online