RECENT POST

A questioning and a longing look at her everyday telling me, don't forget me, Reminding me that ''I have been here from past few days, what have you decided about me!!!'' ,  was the biggest question ?!!!.
Going through my mind again and again, this thought, and the summer slowly setting, the sunshine making its way and the streaks of the rays falling on her making her beauty worthwhile to watch and the smell lingering and the summery feeling making you rekindle your spirits, I decided I have to do this right away if not she would be finding her way to the bin, were my sweet Oranges!!, Everyday I thought I will do something out of it, and I started browsing through the search engine and ended up here!!, OMG!!, she is a fabulous lady with a dessert apron!!, she seems to whiz some wonderful recipes twisted around her fingers like a wizard and viola!!, she creates them with one click, fall for her clicks and fall for her desserts, and here is a perfect imitation jewellary of her creativity.
Family gave a thumbs up sign and I knew it was good, absolutely delicious when I saw a clean plate.
If you want to read more about the description of the Oranges you need to check her blog!!, Thank you for this lovely cake Deeba....

GATEAU A' L ORANGE


















INGREDIENTS:
4 Oranges ( I used more than 4 until I got 1 cup of Juice)
Zest of 1 Orange
100 gms of softened butter
100 gms Sugar (I used more sugar)
150 gms Flour
3 Eggs Separated
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Orange essence (or Cointreau)
1 Pinch of salt
1 tbsp Rum (I skipped)
Butter to Grease the pan

METHOD:
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees, Grease a 6'' cake pan, and line the bottom with parchment.
In a bowl beat the sugar and butter which is softened together until well blended.
Add the yolks one by one to the this mixture, one by one slowly incorporating each one very well, add each yolk separately one by one carefully until you obtain a smooth batter.
I then added Orange essence but skipped the rhum as she had mentioned.
Then in an other bowl sift Baking powder and flour together and add it to the batter slowly incorporating it into the sugar and butter mixture and mix well.
Cut and juice the oranges, I had around 5 to 6 oranges where in I got 1 cup of juice, make it into two halves pour half of the juice in the batter and add the zest and mix well together.
Separately beat the whites until firm with a pinch of salt, Add them delicately to the batter (So says PAB!!), well I take these instructions very seriously!!.
Pour this batter into the pan and bake for an 45minutes to 1 hour or check by inserting a pick into it and if it comes out clean, then it is done.
You must have noticed that the colour will be dark orange when it is done!!
Take the cake out from the oven and Pour the other half of the juice into the cake while it's still warm!!!.
Take care not to pour it too fast and not to let the cake cool too much before you do it.
It is important to to get the right timing, if you don't get it right your whole cake will not have juice in it!!
Then the cake will have two different textures and will have a visible line halfway down where the juice would have stopped penetrating!!

GATEAU A' L ORANGE


I would like to send this to Erin of the Kitchen Apartment who is hosting Monthly mingle this month started by Meeta of what's for Lunch honey to her sweet treats!!

I am also sending this to champa's Bake of event.
That was a slice of my lovely cake!!, (of course don't laugh I couldn't take a lovely click like hers!), As always my girls helped me with this click too...,
Isn't it yum...., My H and K's loved it (me too!!), thanks for this recipe Deeba....
This lovely citrus fruit cake was so summery with the sun shining around for me to take a good click!!..
Have a lovely day......,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online