RECENT POST

In my earlier posts I have mentioned that I have used this Andhra style Dhaniyaalu podi which I learnt from swapna's mom, she told me in Telugu in what do say as eye measurments (kann alathe), I mean to say not precise measurements !!, I still do not find that taste of which she did, I have asked swapna to get the exact measurements so I would get that real authentic taste, If any of my Andhra friends or readers do know about this powder and would like to send the recipe to me I would love to hear from you!, I will try out your recipe and post it in my blog as an other version of this. Hope you people like this and enjoy this powder as I do.
This powder according to swapna's mum can be eaten with hot Rice with a dollop of Ghee and can be used as a palya pudi as we do in Karnataka, to all the dry curries !, and also tastes very well with the famous Pappu of Andhra this can be used instead of Chilli powder, which I have already used in some of my pappu's!!.
Coming back to the recipe.....



Ingredients:
1 Cup Coriander Seeds (Dhania seeds)
5-8 Red Chilles (Guntur-Badgi chillies)
4 to 5 tbsp of Urad dal
10-12 pods of Garlic with skin
1 -2 flakes of Tamarind

METHOD:
In a wok heat a tsp of oil and fry all the Ingredients above except for Garlic until they turn golden brown in colour, or until there is a nice aroma coming out of it!
When it is cool Grind it in a mixie to a coarse powder then add Garlic and give a pulse so that it doesn't become too mushy otherwise the powder becomes like a paste.

This above mixture can be used for the Dry curries and the pappu or can be used instead of Sambhar powder.

VARIATION:
IF YOU WANT TO MIX IT WITH RICE AND EAT
You can fry 2 Sprigs of curry leaves and 2 to 3 sprigs of Coriander leaves with the frying Ingredients and when grinding add salt as required, which gives a lovely smell and taste to the Dhaniyalu podi, which can be eaten with hot rice and ghee.

This powder can also be given convalascent mothers as the first morsel in their food with Ghee and hot .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online