RECENT POST

I made this curry very long back when I was in India, my husband wanted me to try this andit actually came out well, as I remember but forgot how I did it?  after that I had never thought of buying, not everybody would like in the house, particularly people who are not used to it!, and would never try anything new!, so that's it I never thought of making it,  after coming to UK i had not thought of buying it, and the other day I bought this vegetable just thought let me try again!, and to my surprise I saw Raks kitchen had posted a dry curry out of this!, Of course, I know the photos from her blog are always mind blowing, they were just making you drool over them!, well, As she was saying not Mom or MIL never used this! ditto nobody used it in both of my houses,  In the same way In our houses nobody used Bottle Gourd either, Only I have started using them, and I do not why? my photo isn't so good as hers is, but the curry tasted very nice, I did it in a different way, but I have some more again and want to try her method .


TINDA/KAVAKKAI DRY CURRY



Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Kg Round Tindas I used
  • 2 medium sized onions
  • 2 Tomatoes
  • 2 pod Garlic
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1 tbsp chenna dal
  • 1 tbsp urad dal
  • 1 sprig curry leaves
  • 2 tbsp chilli powder
  • 1 tsp cumin powder
  • 1 tbsp coriander powder
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • salt to taste
METHOD:
  1. Wash and clean the tindas and cut them into cubes, I used small round ones to make this dry cubes
  2. chop onion, garlic & tomatoes
  3. Take a wok, heat oil and add mustard seeds once they splutter temper the seasoning with the dal, turmeric and curry leaves.
  4. once they change colour add the chopped onions & garlic and fry them well until they turn transparent
  5. Then add the chopped tomatoes and fry them until them get cooked then add the chopped Tindas
  6. Mix well and allow it get cooked well by closing the lid
  7. No need to add water just sprinkle salt over them and leave them may be a tbsp of water
  8. Once they are well cooked add chilli powder, coriander & cumin powder and mix well and leave for few more minutes, no need to close the lid now.
  9. Once they get well coated and mixed well with the subji it is ready to serve now.
  10. Serve it as a side dish or an accompaniment with chappatis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online