RECENT POST

Hi, I just saw this veggie puff in Edible Garden i wrote to her that i was also going to post my version of vegetable puff using puff pastry, Actually this was the first baking I did when I came to UK, then I was not even blogging, I used the filo pastry  and puff pastry and cooked vegetable puffs and spring rolls, as somebody was saying in her blog God knows who created them bless them!, we can make our own puffs! just like get in the Bakeries in India!, well, I have to say this the photos of her puffs are very beautiful and mouth watering than mine!, and I made quite Big puffs so that they will not ask me to do it again!, But, I was wrong my kids asked me for some more and I did divide it between them! (To tell you the truth I am really lazy to cook).


VEGETABLE PUFFS USING PUFF PASTRY



I used this JUS-ROL PUFF PASTRY BLOCKS  to make these Gorgeous puffs.....















Ingredients:
  • Jus-Rol puff pastry Blocks (as shown above)
  • 2 carrots
  • 5 to 6 beans
  • 1/2 cup of green peas
  • 1 small beetroot
  • 1 onion
  • 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds
  • 2 green chillies
  • 1 tsp red chilli powder
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 2 tbsp of chopped coriander & curry leaves 
  • salt as required
METHOD:
  1. The puff pastry blocks are quite big and have 2 of 500gm each, follow the instructions just as written in the cover of the blocks, you need to take them out from the freezer the night itself and keep it in the fridge.
  2. Then you have to take it out from the fridge and keep it out side 2 to 3 hours before you are going to use them.
  3. On a floured surface roll them out into square big block and cut them into any desired shape you want it.
  4. As I keep doing this often I was little lazy to do it like Nags!, I made them quite big!
  5. Mean while when they are thawing you can prepare the subji or the vegetable dry curry for the filling and leave it cool, before using it for the filling
  6. As Nag says you can use whatever you want for the filling any vegetables you fancy or whatever masala you adore!
  7. I used the above ingredients to make the vegetable dry curry, cooked all the vegetables then added the tempering and masalas and cooked them into a dry curry with coriander and curry leaves for garnishing and it really smelled good.
  8. cut out the puff pastry blocks into small squares put in 2 to 3 tbsp of the filling by allowing the sides to be free for pasting them together like a kadabu with the help of little water and glaze it with milk.
  9. Put it in the oven on Gas mark 6 for about 25 to 30 minutes or until you see the top of the puff turns golden brown in colour and says that it is done!
  10. Take it on a platter and just savour the taste by indulging yourself in the nice & spicy beauty of it!.  You will just love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online