RECENT POST

Hi everybody, I made this a few days back, kids wanted something spicy to munch with cheese, so I thought of making these, got bored of making rolls, garlic breads, palya buns, I haven't posted them yet isn't it ?, God! Knows where they are in my loads of clicks, I remembered my Dough nuts from DB challenge, I couldn't find them at all, but I found my swirl swiss roll cake!, May be one day if I get a few days off from my daily routine, I could post all of them.
The Masala Bun/Khara Bun which I had baked long back was the one which turned into spiral bread, I was quite happy as it got over the day I baked it :)).
When Pari announced only Bread I thought I will post all my Breads, and it is already 25th I got 4 days to go!, Let me start with this one.

MASALA SPIRAL BREAD


















Made two loaves

PREFERMENT DOUGH:
I have been making a sour dough starter and the dough which needs to be discarded and we have to use fresh flours to incorporate in it, I did not want to throw it so I took the dough (200 gms ), This dough has both APS and Rye Flour in it, to this I added 1/2 tsp of yeast  and an other 50gms  and a little extra of APS flour mixed  to make it into a dough and left it in the fridge to rise, This dough also I have used to bake this bread.
This Bread can be baked without the Preferment dough too.. Just using the Ingredients for the dough.

INGREDIENTS:
Ingredients for the dough Flour:
4 cups of Strong Bread Flour (or APS/Maida flour if bread flour not available)
250 gms of Preferment dough (optional)
1 and 1/2 tsp Yeast
3/4 th to 1 cup warm water
10gms  Sugar
1 and 1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp of Coriander powder
1 tsp of Cumin powder
1 tsp of Pepper powder
1/4 Oil ( I used sunflower oil)

Ingredients for the Masala:
1 Medium sized Onion
6 to 7 Sprigs of Dill leaves
6 to 7 Sprigs of Coriander leaves
4 Green chillies
1'' Ginger
3 Garlic Pods
1/2 tsp of salt
















METHOD:
Take Instant yeast in a large bowl, add 2 to 3 tbsp of warm water (not hot), just warm water, and sugar as said above, mix well and leave it in a warm place to raise, once you see bubbles raising up, that means your Yeast is still active.
Now take this bowl, add all the dry masala Ingredients under Ingredients for the flour, combine them well together now add the flour, mix well again.
Now start adding water until it forms a soft nice dough.
As each flour differs, be careful when adding water, no need to panic if the water is excess add flour and make it into a dough, so it is better to add water carefully and make a lovely nice soft dough.
Once you have made the dough, start kneading, at least for 10 minutes, keep the dough near you, push the dough to stretch upwards by your end of the palm, keep pulling and stretching all the flour, I have got a photo of that I will search for it and post it next time. The more pull and stretch the flour, the gluten in the flour starts to expand, no need to do it too much, and spoil the texture, good exercise too :)).
you can check if you have kneaded well by a window pane method hold a bit of the dough using both your hands between your thumbs, forefingers and middle fingers and stretch if it stretch well and looks very transparent not breaking anywhere, that's it you have done well, there are loads of videos on Google explaining this method to you. check it out.
Oil the dough and put it in a bowl and cover it with a cling film or with a wet tea towel, and allow it to raise, here it is important that the raising period depends totally  to the place where you live. My raise usually takes quite a long time some 2 to 3 hours, I always leave it to raise with its own time, Allow it double in volume, Once it is doubled (that is when you press your finger into it, it should stay put like that for some time), take it out.
Meanwhile when it is raising, chop all the Ingredients under Masala heading and keep them ready until required.
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7
Take the raised dough and punch it in the middle to let the air loose out, now knead it again, but this time not as you did for the first time, handle the dough carefully like a flower, fold from all the sides and do it two to three times, that's enough now spread the dough to a rectangle.
To the spread Rectangle  add the chopped and thoroughly mixed Masala and spread it on the rectangle, and start rolling from the longer side.
I cut them into two and made two loves as my tin is quite small.
when rolling tuck everything nice and proper so they don't come out, once it is completely rolled see to it that they are sealed properly.
oil the tin a little bit and put some flour on to the shake it and then slide this roll into the loaf tin with the tucked in side going below, oil the surface and cover it with a cling film again or with a tea towel in a warm place for the second rise.
After 1 to 1 and 1/2 hour, the dough is ready to go into the oven.
Little Tips I do before baking a bread :
I put a bowl of water under the rack of the oven and spray water all over the oven, carefully not on my Gas kind of incorporating steam technique inside the oven ( it kind of cools the oven) and when I slide the dough to bake, it slowly rises and the bread bakes very well.

So the first few minutes the bread bakes because of steaming and takes around 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes once the bread is completely done.
This bread had a lovely crust, and easy to slice like a normal sandwich bread, and of course it was very delicious, 
Only thing was I forgot about the bread in the oven so it was little brown in the top on one side :)), remembered later on I was baking a bread and ran to check it out, It was already baked.
Thank God I removed on time.

Oh! yes look at it one more time, isn't it lovely!, absolutely delicious...
Sending this to Champa's Bake of event and BBD # 37, and Pari's only Breads event. and of course it is yeast spotted.
I am also sending this to Sara' Ginger and Garlic - Healing foods started by Siri - Cooking with siri

As it turned golden browned on the top I can also send this to Food palette series-Brown event by Torview



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online