RECENT POST

This is an other dish of my Mom-in-law, which I always liked. During November & December , in Bangalore we can see fresh peas being sold everywhere and the price is quite affordable, but now a days I used to see peas & averekaayi being sold in all seasons, I used to wonder where they got it from!!. My Mom-in-law always used to make this when peas were abundant, She always loved to eat raw vegetables, when we sit and open up the pea pods in intervals she used to eat them, I used to laugh and tell her we need more peas this way, she used to say it was quite tempting, seeing her aishu (my eldest daughter) used to eat with her, both of them used to like eating raw vegetables like tender beans, knol-khol, raddish, carrot, cucumber, tapioca, sweet potatoes, onions, tomatoes, cabbage. Wow when I started writing I never thought I would writing so many vegetables which can be eaten raw. Here is the Recipe :

KADAG ARACHA KOOTU- MUSTERD GROUND KOOTU

























Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 1/2 kg peas
  • pinch of turmeric
  • 1 sprig of curry leaves

Grind Together:

  • 2 to 3 red chillies
  • 1 tsp channa dal
  • a pinch of asafoetida
  • 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
  • 1 tsp Khus Khus (gasgase)
  • 1/4 tsp pepper

METHOD:

  1. scrape & cut cucumber into 1/2'' cubes with fresh or frozen peas cook them together with a pinch of turmeric, you can cook with pressure cooker or cook directly, see to it that they don't get mashed.
  2. Take a pan with a tsp of oil roast all the above ingredients except for mustard & coconut gratings ,until they change colour or nice aroma comes out of them
  3. Grind all the ingredients together into a smooth paste and mix it with the cooked vegetables, add curry leaves and allow it cook for another few minutes, add salt to taste.
  4. serve hot with Rice & ghee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online