RECENT POST

Wow, Lovely colour though, ain't it ?, You must be wondering what is this I have made, Of course my Kids said to me, mom, looks like chicken !, Oh!, but no, I was planning to do something last weekend, my kids wanted potato Bajji, I didn't want to use the same vegetable in a row, I thought  let me do onion pakoras, then again I changed my mind as I  have already done them let me try something new, so I started going through my fridge and I found some 6 to 7 baby corns and  medium sized Beetroots ! and that's it Here is my fiery Red Pakoras.


BABY CORN-BEETROOT PAKORAS




Ingredients:
  • 4 small sized onions
  • 2 medium sized beetroot
  • 6 baby corns
  • 1 sprig curry leaves chopped
  • 4 to 5 sprigs of coriander leaves chopped
  • 3 to 4 green chillies 
  • 1 tbsp chilli powder
  • salt as required
  • 1/4 cup rice flour
  • 1/4 cup roasted dehusked peanut powder
  • 1/4 cup roasted gram or dharia or chutney dal powder
  • 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
  • few cashewnuts (optional)
METHOD:
  1. First of all I would like to tell you all the above said ingredients were suitable according to my veggies so, just use ingredients according to your taste 
  2. Second thing is as I said in my onion pakoras I had equal quantity of  the flour  dal powders mixed and ready and used it only as needed accordingly to the veggies so, just keep the mixed powder ready and use it accordingly and store the left over for another session!
  3. First of all chop onions into thin slices just like the pakora style, then grate baby corns and grate Beetroot after peeling the skin, 
  4. Then add salt, mix well and leave it for sometime
  5. Meanwhile chop curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, a little piece of ginger grated
  6. After 15 to 20 minutes if you check the bowl with the veggies it would have given out some water on its own.
  7. Now mix all the spices powder and garnishes mix well
  8. Now add the 3 powder and mix well, use only required quantity of water to bind the ingredients not too much so the water which is given by the veggies help them to bind with the powders, just like how you make the pakoras
  9. Heat oil in a kadai, when the oil is quite hot drop the pakoras and fry them until they are done, I can not say to golden brown in this one !
  10. Until the pakoras are well fried and looks quite reddish ( Oh! you would know when to take it out)
  11. Now it is ready, serve it with nice green-coconut-mint chutney or just with rasams 0r sambhars or as a tea time snack 
I am not reposting this, but just linking this to Priya of Mharo Rajasthan who is hosting Siri's Healing food event, which this month is Beetroots, I know of course this is not a healthy dish, just a change in everyday cooking.
Back again to link this recipe with Torviewtoronto's Food Palette Red event , I hope she likes it....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online