RECENT POST

Hi, This is the first time I tried with a whole meal flour, I took this from a book called Bread by sarah lewis, actual recipe uses strong white flour, I have substituted it with strong whole meal flour, I really had a tough time kneading this dough, My hands were really paining,This makes four 8 inch pizzas, again I did this in the night my photos are really gorgeous!!! :), hahaha, I know I always keep on moaning about my photos, and my ugly looking blog!!, I am scared somebody might write to me to say stop it!!, Well, coming back to my pizza, I did not have a round pizza tray and had a square one I did it on this, my kids just loved it and enjoyed, aparna's baking has inspired me so much, I have become so passionate about baking, she wrote to me and said that I have to take it slowly and do it.., thanks aparna for your lovely suggestions, Here is the recipe for this pizza, actually I baked this last month and wanted to send it to madhu's baking event but never posted it on time!!


WHOLE MEAL PIZZA

















Ingredients:
  • 400 gms (13 oz, 3 & 2/3cups) strong whole meal flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp caster sugar
  • 1 & 1/4 tsp fast action dried yeast
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2oo ml (7 fl. oz, 1 cup water) ( I used 1 & 1/2 cup water)
For the topping
  • I just used vegetables like green & red peppers sliced, Tomatoes sliced, few spinach leaves,
  • mozzarella cheese grated ( to completely cover the pizza - grated 300 to 400 gms)
  • 2 to 3 tbsp of Italian herbs
  • 1 tbsp of salt and pepper
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • Few sprigs of Basil leaves
METHOD
  1. Put the flour into a large bowl then stir in the salt, sugar & yeast. Add the oil then gradually mix in enough warm water to make a soft dough
  2. Knead the dough well on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. ( i kneaded more than 10 minutes and did the nupur's method of checking if I have kneaded well by the window method !!). Put the dough back into the bowl, cover loosely with oiled clingfilm and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
  3. Tip the dough out on to a lightly floured surface. Knead well then cut into 4 equal-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a roughly shaped circle about 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter and transfer to 2 large greased baking sheets.
  4. Spread the tops with the topping ingredients mentioned above, and oil and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes or until the dough is risen around the edges.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven 220 degrees (425 d F) Gas Mark 7, for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and the edges of the pizza are browned. Transfer to plate and serve immediately
I changed the toppings from what they she had mentioned, the toppings my daughter did as she wanted, she was acting like a big cook and spreading all the ingredients in it!!.

Toppings and flour from the Original recipe:

2oog canned chopped tomatoes, 2 garlic cloves chopped, 50g baby spinach leaves, 400g mozzarella cheese, 50g sun-dried tomatoes(in oil thinly sliced), 100g pancetta diced, 2tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
The Original recipe had Strong white flour used.

Kids just loved it and ate the whole pizza I just had a small marble-sized bite!!, So you would know now how they would have enjoyed it!! I enjoyed making it..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online