RECENT POST

This dish I got it from a book, it's been quite a long time since I did this recipe, as I had said earlier, I have been collecting some recipes from my 10th standard and writing them in a book, so I don't even remember where I got some of the authentic recipes, and now as I told earlier, my sister also keeps writing some of these authentic dishes of her travelling widely and meeting new friends in different places, gives a wider and new out look to your cooking style.

As a school girl I had been to Mangalore, which is the most memorable thing I have in my mind, I was in these scouts and guide and we had to attend one of the meetings in mangalore, and it was in Mangala Stadium, I think that is name of that stadium as I remember, I enjoyed my 5 day stay with my friends and it was simply superb going through the streets of mangalore and do some shopping., I remembering buying cashewnuts. mm.., I think that is all I remember nothing else seems to come to my mind.., Ok then, let me get back to my recipe !!, and of course as you all know I am great with photography, and as I always cook in the night my photos are all a scrap, This I tried to take in different lights and my N95 could only give me this as the best picture I took :). I do not what the name means if somebody knows what it is please pass on the information & thank you.

DALITHE SAGEL


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Kg Tinda/thondekaayi/Dhondanga
  • 4 tbsp of grated coconut
  • 3 to 4 flakes of Tamarind
  • 2 tbsp Coriander seeds
  • 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1 sprig curry leaves
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
  • 4-4 Red chillies (Guntur-Badgi)
METHOD
  1. Wash & cook tinda/tondekaayi and pressure cook in enough water
  2. In a wok fry fenugreek seeds, chillies, coriander seeds and keep aside to cool.
  3. Once they are cooled grind them with freshly grated coconut & Tamarind flakes into a coarse paste, do not make it very fine paste. 
  4. Take this coarsely ground paste and add it to the cooked vegetable and mix well.
  5. Put this on the stove to boil for few minutes, so that the masala paste gets mixed well with the vegetables, add required quantity of salt and curry leaves
  6. In a wok heat oil and splutter mustard seeds in it, once they are done add the pinch of asafoetida and pour this seasoning on to the dish. 
  7. Serve it with rice or chapati, It was absolutely delicious
This dish also goes to sia of Monsoon spice who is hosting this month's RCI- Regional cuisine of India. which was first stated by Lakshmi of veggie cuisine.., for further recipes on RCI check-out in Lakshmi's blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online