RECENT POST

Hi, This recipe I got it from shilpa's, Aayisrecipe, well it may not be looking good, but it tasted very well, My FIL used to eat this in darshini's, and he used to always come home and say I ate, Mangalore bajji, with curds and boondi on top of it, I think that is the way I remember and sometimes would say I ate it with sambhar or chutney, and I always wondered what was so nice about it, So once I tried it, I thought it was kind of tasty because it has sour taste with chillies spice in it!, Now he is here with me and I thought for sia's RCI event udupi & mangalorean cuisine i will post this.  Actually I made udupi rasam today night with my idlis, I am sorry I am able to post it, before I could think of taking photos, The sambhar was left so little for me!!!, I knew it looks very funny if I take it now, but sia, we all enjoyed the sambhar but I made it minus drumstick !!, next time may be I will try with it too...,


GOLI BAJE
















Ingredients:
  • 1 & 1/2 Cup Maida
  • 1 tsp Gram flour (Besan flour)
  • 3/4 Cup Curds (Plain Yogurt)
  • 3 to 4 finely chopped Green Chillies
  • 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
  • 1 tsp chopped ginger
  • Pinch of Asafoetida
  • 1/2 tsp Baking soda
  • salt as required
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • oil
METHOD:
  1. Mix all the above said ingredients except for oil and leave it for an half an hour, without any lumps in it.
  2. The mixed ingredient should be just like an Idli batter not very thin not very thick
  3. Heat oil in a deep pan for frying and scoop out lime sized balls and deep fry them to a golden brown colour.
  4. Take them out and serve it with any combination you like and enjoy it!!! 
This recipe goes to sia of Monsoonspice who is hosting RCI-Regional cuisine of India, RCI- Udupi & Mangalore, of this month started by lakshmi of veggie cuisine, I am happy to participate in this, This is the second time I am participating, I was quite worried if I would be able to post these recipes as my computer is giving me problems. I would like to thank shilpa for this wonderful recipe, Of course I saw this recipe in sia's blog too, as it all led back to her blog I felt like thanking her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online