RECENT POST

This is another of my favourites, When I came to UK, I learnt this from one of my British friends, it is a very simple one and absolutely tasty, when I came here first I used to eat it lot of times, then I stopped eating it, as I had to consume lot of cheese which was not good for my cholesterol ! , I keep making this often because my kids & hubby like it very much, But Of course, I don't eat it much, But I nick broccoli's & cauliflower in it!,


CAULIFLOWER-BROCCOLI CHEESE


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of cauliflower
  • 1 cup of broccoli
  • white sauce
  • cheese
  • salt as required
  • pepper
To Make white Sauce:
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tbsp plain flour (maida)
  • 1 tbsp Butter
  • salt or sugar as required (optional)
METHOD:
  1. Cook both the vegetables, drain out all the water and keep it aside
  2. Make the white sauce now, using the ingredients under white sauce, Heat butter in a pan in a reduced flame, when it completely melts
  3. Add the plain flour (maida) to it 1 or 2 tbsps and fry it without browning it
  4. Remove it from fire and cold milk gradually and sir constantly so that no lumps are formed
  5. Put it back on a low flame and sir constantly till the sauce becomes thick & creamy
  6. I increase the quantity of milk if I want to make it more or until the raw smell of maida disappears.
  7. Add salt & sugar accordingly
  8. Once the sauce is ready in a oven dish arrange the vegetables, pour the sauce over it
  9. sprinkle little salt & pepper
  10. Then sprinkle grated cheese on it so that it completely covers the veggies
  11. And put the oven tray in the oven and bake it on gas mark 4 , The cheese melts and turns into golden in colour
  12. Take it out and it is now ready to serve.
Note: When using maida it should be cooked properly otherwise the raw taste of maida will spoil the sauce, And always remember to make this sauce in a reduced flame constantly stirring.
Variation: You can use sliced potatoes cooked and arranged neatly on the baking sheet and then continue with the same process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online