RECENT POST

Hi, I am trying to post all the recipes which are in pending, I do not even remember when I did this may  be 15 to 20 days back !, I don't even remember that, I just remember that last month I went to the Indian store, Oh! no, I just remember now, but not the exact date, I went to a mall, which had a farmer's market out side we were just wondering what 's in the market, I noticed these Beetroots in bunches, both of us that is my friend and me we bought them, a few days back when I was rummaging through my fridge I saw them and thought let me give it a moksha, poor thing it is lying their from some time !, I did have good load of Tomatoes too, So that's it I made this rice, I had a doubt if my kids and my FIL would like it , Sometimes I never tell anybody what I had put in my dishes, once they eat I tell them what I cooked !, because some of them have this notion of not trying anything new at all , they are completely stuck to their old recipes and do not like it to be changed !!, Here is my recipe.


TOMATO-BEETROOT LEAVES RICE



INGREDIENTS:
1 and 1/2 Cup Rice
2 to 3 medium sized tomatoes
1 Bunch of beetroot leaves (about 1 cup nicely pressed)
2 to 3 Green chillies
4 to 5 sprigs of coriander leaves
1 sprig of curry leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/2tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tbp Red chilli powder
2 Green chillies
Salt as required

Seasonings:
4 to 5 tbsp of oil
1 tbsp of Chenna dal
1 tbsp of Urad dal
1 tsp Mustard seeds
METHOD
  1. First of all wash the tomatoes and cut them into pieces, then from the bunch of Beetroots take the leaves which are quite big, a little bit of the stem just 2 to 3'' below the leaves, I didn't use the complete length of the stem as they were quite hard. wash and chop them finely
  2. In a pressure cooker or which ever method you cook the rice, cook the rice and keep it separately, spread it so the grains are not sticky anymore and are nice ready to make a Rice bath.
  3. Take a wok, heat oil, add mustard seeds, after they splutter add the Dals and other seasonings and the curry leaves
  4. Then add the chopped tomatoes and wash the leaves of the beet root drain and mix well and allow them to cook, no need to add water, unless it is too dry just sprinkle a little bit of water, but the juice of the tomatoes help them cook well, 
  5. Once they get cooked add all the masala ingredients and mix well and allow it to cook for some more time, until they become quite dry, rather than soggy, 
  6. Then add the required quantity of salt and finely chopped coriander leaves mix well.
  7. Then add the cooked rice and mix well and leave it for some time on the stove in a very low flame
  8. The rice absorbs all the flavours and is now ready to be served with any kind of raitha or papads. 
I am not reposting, but linking this to Siri who started Healing food event started by her and this month hosted by Priya of Mharo Rajasthan's who has selected Beetroots as this month Healing food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online