RECENT POST

I was never thinking I would ever bake anything, I always think of aparna that how she started to bake and her blog saying that she is a daring baker, Now I also thought let me also join to become a daring baker and here I am baking so many things.....

I had read about this recipe in Raji of RAKS Kitchen blog I think, and as I love dates I had loads of them at home and I decided I will try out this one for sure.....
This tea bread has such a moist texture and has rich flavour it is really so soft and banana....., The looks weren't so beautiful but it was absolutely delicious to eat...

BANANA-DATES LOAF





Ingredients:
  • 100g/3 & 1/2 oz butter (chilled & cut into small pieces)
  • plus extra for greasing
  • 225g/8 oz self-raising flour
  • 75g/2 & 1/4  oz caster sugar
  • 125g/ 4 & 1/2 oz stoned dates, chopped
  • 2 Bananas roughly mashed
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 tbsp honey
METHOD:
  1. Grease a 900g / 2 lb loaf tin and line the base with baking parchment
  2. sieve the flour into a mixing bowl.  Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips, until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
  3. Stir in the sugar, chopped dates, bananas, beaten eggs and honey into the dry ingredients.  Mix together to form a soft, dropping consistency.
  4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and level the surface.
  5. Bake in a preheated oven, 160 degrees C/ 325 degrees F/Gas Mark 3, for about 1 to 1/2 hrs, or until golden and a fine metal skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
  6. Leave the loaf to cool in the tin before turning out and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
  7. serve the loaf warm or cold, cut into thick slices and serve it with hot tea or coffee or you can eat it just like that !!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online