RECENT POST

It's been raining so heavily from past 2 to 3 days, I had soaked for Dosa and had grinded it yesterday night, I never thought it's going to ferment,  I was surprised to see Dosa oozed out of vessel so much, I had to clean and transfer it to another container !!, well, no need to say Dosa turned out so well, Nice & fluffy.., well Dosa was ready but I needed to go something to with it, The little demon said '' I want chutney too..'' , I got bored of making the same old coconut chutney Of course, it's absolutely best with dosas & idlis, but then i thought i will try something else,  So, I opened my fridge what I have got, the first thing i saw was 2 carrots, telling me that they were lying their from quite sometime and then I decided I will use it in my chutney... then all the ingredients fell into places and Lo! here is my chutney, which everybody liked it.


CARROT-TOMATO-PEANUT CHUTNEY
   














Ingredients:
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 tomatoes
  • a fist full of peanuts
  • 4 green chillies
  • 3 Badgi Red chillies
  • 1 onion
  • 2 garlic pods
  • salt to taste
  • 2 sprigs coriander leaves
  • 2 flakes of tamarind
  • 1 tsp of mustard seeds
  • 1 tbsp of oil
  • 1 tbsp coconut
METHOD
  1. wash the carrots ( I did not peel the skin) grate them, cut the tomatoes, chop the garlic & onions
  2. Take a wok, heat oil add a tsp of mustard seeds allow it splutter, then add the green chillies ( I have used 4, use according to your, these chilies were quite spicy so I used just 4, and as usual I used badgi chilies to give my chutney a colour) 
  3. Add curry leaves, chopped onions & garlic and fry them then add the tamarind red chillies and fry them too
  4. Then add the grated carrots & tomatoes and fry them until both get cooked
  5. Take them out and allow it to cool, add a tbsp of coconut with the right amount of salt and grind it to chutney like consistency
  6. serve it with Dosa /Idli/chapatis


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online