RECENT POST

I was planning to make some subji with Idli than making the same old chutney or sambhar so actually I thought I wanted to try Tomato gravy which I think, was it Raks or chitra's blog who had done some thing with tomato but, as usual I didn't have time to open up and search for it, but this gave me an idea and I thought let me try with tomato something and check out if it goes well with Idlis..., and here I ended up in a simple recipe with tomatoes, but definitely I am going to that tomato thingy too.... from the blog because I remember it simple and nice.


TOMATO-PEAS GRAVY



Ingredients:
  • 4 Tomatoes
  • 1 onions
  • 1 cup peas
  • 1 carrot
  • 4 to 5 dwarf beans
  • 2 garlic pods
  • 3 to 4 sprigs of coriander leaves
  • salt as required
  • 2 to 3 tbsp oil
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds
To Grind:
  • 2 to 3 tbsp fresh coconut
  • 4 to 5 cashew nuts
  • 1 tbsp poppy or khuskhus seeds
  • 4-3 Guntur-Badgi Red chillies
  • 1 tsp Coriander powder
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1 tsp Garam masala powder
METHOD:
  1. Take a wok heat oil and add the mustard seeds as they splutter add the finely chopped onion & garlic pods and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
  2. Then add the chopped Tomatoes, carrots and beans and fry for few minutes, sprinkle little salt over it and close the lid and allow it to cook.
  3. meanwhile in a mixer Grind all the ingredients under To grind into a smooth paste.
  4. Once the subjis i mean veggies are completely cooked add the ground paste and pour 2 cups of water and allow it boil for few more minutes until the raw smell disappears, 
  5. Add more water if necessary that is if the gravy becomes too thick, then add the required amount of salt, but just do not forget that you have already added a little bit of salt for the vegetables to get cooked faster. So, be careful when adding salt and finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
  6. Serve it with hot idlis or dosas or chapatis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online