RECENT POST

Yesterday was Aadi, and I wanted to do some sweet so I thought this was an ideal one, Before my twins were born, I was kind of scared that what if i had two more girls, I was quite worried, and I was thinking how will I get them married !, As we were three sisters I knew how my parents got so tensed up until all three of us got married, Now, may be lot of things might have changed, First of all both of us were in a shock when we went for a scan & the doctor told us I had twins, and it was already past 3 months, So, I always used to pray God that I wanted a boy in one of them, But my husband was not so worried, actually he didn't mind having 2 more girls ! , At the same time my sister-in-law was pregnant too, she told me during aadi maasam if you do pooja to naagara (snake God) by pouring milk and pray, our prayers would be answered, I do not know if it was a coincidence or truth, So,  I prayed and would go to pour milk to snake God, (puthuk paal), My MIL too said she has always been doing this from a long time during aadi maasam, So, from then on every year during aadi maasam I go to the temples where they have these nagappas pour milk and do pooja, Now after coming to UK I cannot do that anymore so, I brought my small Idol with me to which I do the pooja.
Aadi is the beginning of all the festivals, and after this it is said all the coming months till uttana dwadashi If you do lot of poojas to the Gods, The Gods will be pleased and bless us. Anyways whatever it is I like following our customs and traditions where ever you are, which is the basic necessity for the growth of children and good atmosphere in bringing them up.  It upholds the culture & tradition of Indian way of Life, which depicts the greatness of India abroad by many people who are really interested in our culture & tradition.  Let me come back to my recipe.
Actually I did this jamoon 3 years back, when I came to UK for the first time, I had gone to the Indian shop and I had no stock of MTR Jamoon mix, and I ended up doing this.
My daughter who is an addict of sweets wanted to eat jamoon suddenly and I had just then come to UK It was virtually 3 to 4 days I think, I had no  MTR JAMOON MIX, which is my favourite, I did not no what to do,  so, when I was looking around the kitchen I saw these Bananas, and decided I will try making jamoon out of this!.  First time when I made I made only with Bananas, following the same method, next time  I made it  Banana mixed with paneer.

BANANA-PANEER JAMOON



Ingredients:
  • 1 Banana 
  • 5 to 6  cubes of paneer
  • 1 to 2 tbsp of maida (plain flour)
  • A pinch of Baking Soda
  • 1 tbsp of sugar
  • A pinch of orange colouring
  • oil or ghee to fry
To make Sugar syrup
  • 1  cup sugar
  • 3/4  cup water
  • Rose essence
  • A pinch of cardamom powder
METHOD
  1. Peel the Banana mash it nicely, then powder the paneer like a flour
  2. Mix them together with 1 tbsp of sugar and knead it nicely ( saati hidiyiri) 
  3. Mix Maida, orange essence & baking soda and knead it into a smooth dough
  4. Just with a little bit of thinking use maida or plain flour until the mixture becomes a smooth dough, just like how you make dough for jamoons.
  5. Mean while make the sugar syrup by using the ingredients below this heading, the sugar syrup should be of one string consistency, then add in the last Rose essence & cardamom powder and keep it aside
  6. In a wok heat one cup oil or ghee .
  7. With the flour make marble sized balls and put it in the wok and fry them till they are golden in colour and take it out.
  8. When the sugar syrup is still quite hot dip all the jamoons in it and allow it to soak 4 to 5 hours
  9. Now the jamoons are ready to be served with little sugar syrup with it.
Note: To find out how to make a  single thread consistency dip your thumb & forehand in the sugar syrup and open it up their should be one string between these two fingers, That shows that the sugar syrup is ready now. 

RASAYANAM

Of course who doesn't know how to make a rasayanam, even a baby would do it right!, just for the fun of it I will write how to make rasayanam here :), You can make rasayanam with as much bananas as you want accordingly for how many you are serving, This is usually served on festivals & happy occasions like marriages etc., which takes the first place in your platter. Now a days they serve chopped fruits with sugar instead, or just a sugar etc.,  Oh! anyway it is absolutely a relish to eat !, These are given in temples too, they make this after the abhishekam to the deities, I think these rasayanams are gorgeous than the ones made at home! (That is what I think)

Ingredients:
  • 2 to 3 bananas
  • 3 to 4 tbsp of sugar (or to your taste)
  • 1 tbsp of honey
  • 1 tsp of ghee
  • a pinch of paccha karpooram (edible camphor)
  • a pinch of cardamom powder
  • 2 to 3 tbsp of freshly grated coconut
  • dry grapes (optional)
METHOD
  •   Chop the Bananas , then mix all the ingredients in it, and serve on its own or in functions as it is served as the first dish in the plate.
  • This is kept as a prasadam to God on festive occasions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online