RECENT POST

This is a dish which i learnt from my hubby's Atte & her daughter taught me very long back, she used to come to & stay with us every year for a few days, They were really very good pair, they used to sing together, go everywhere together!!!, They taught me few recipes which I had never tried, now when i was going through my book, which I kept writing when ever I used to ask all mamis, aunties, sis-in-laws, amma, perimmas, chitties etc., When i got married , i started to jot down these things..........., Today I decided I will try these dishes one by one!! Here is one of the dish.......
ARICHHA KOOTU











Ingredients:

  • Tuvar dal/Moong dal 3/4th cup
  • I did a slight variation by using black eyed beans that is what they call it i think, it is in the photo!!, with Moong dal/paitham paruppu/Hesaru Bele just a 1/2 cup.
    Vegetables: Here I have used Snake gourd, you can use any vegetable which is used for making kootus like cluster beans-Gori kaayi/chapparadavare kaayi-broad beans/chow-chow/knol khol etc., with this you can use any lentils or legumes even channa dal instead of Moong dal.

TO GRIND

  • 2 tbsp of Urad dal/Black gram dal
  • 1 tbsp Fenugreek seeds
  • lime sized or 1/2 cup coconut fresh gratings
  • 4 to 5 flakes of Tamarind
  • 4-2 Red chillies (Guntur-Badgi)
  • a pinch of asafoetida
  • 1 sprig of curry leaves

METHOD:

  1. Cut the vegetable which ever you want to use and the above said dal & a combination of lentils or legumes with it.
  2. Here as I said I have used black eyed beans-Moong dal & 1/4 kg of Snake Gourd, cook them all together with a pinch of Turmeric powder.
  3. Take a pan and fry all the above said ingredients except for coconut, Add tamarind in the end when you are frying when everything is cool Grind them all together with coconut.
  4. Mix the ground paste with the cooked vegetables & dal and add salt, asafoetida & sprig of curry leaves and boil for few more minutes
  5. Season it with a tsp of mustard seed in coconut oil.
  6. Or otherwise add a cup of curds or yogurt and serve hot with rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online