RECENT POST

This Gojju I ate in my friend Vatsala's house, They are kind of far relatives for me, Her Mom-in-law and my Atte (father's eldest sister) were very good friends, They also come from Hassan district, she is a very good cook, Once when I went to see her, she had Ubbu roti & Menthyad gojju, After I tried it I just loved it so much, I learnt from her to make it, I think I have altered it a little but, as always First taste is the best taste you can ever get.....I really do not make as she makes but my children say I have done it very well!!! (as they have not tasted her cooking!!).
MENTHYADA GOJJU (FENUGREEK GRAVY)
















Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp of Fenugreek/methi/menthya seeds
  • 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
  • 5-5 Red chillies (Guntur-Badgi)
  • a pinch of asafoetida
  • 5 to 6 or gooseberry sized Tamarind
  • 1 sprig of curry leaves
  • 2 to 3 tbsp of oil
  • 1 tsp mustard seeds

METHOD:

  1. Fry fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds & red chillies in a wok and keep aside to cool, fry fenugreek seeds until they are golden brown in colour do not allow it go black in colour.
  2. Soak tamarind in 1/2 a tumbler of warm water and extract thick juice out of it, filter & keep it aside.
  3. Take a deep bottomed wok, heat oil and a tsp of mustard seeds when it splutters add curry leaves & the extracted Tamarind juice and allow it boil in a low flame for a few minutes.
  4. Meanwhile nicely powder the fried ingredients in a mixie and make it into a paste with very little water .
  5. When the juice boils for few minutes and the above paste and mix well together with required quantity of salt & asafoetida and leave it on the stove for few more minutes.
  6. If you want you can add a little bit of jaggery it is optional and now it is ready to serve.
  7. It goes very well with chapatis, rottis and with rice too!!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online