RECENT POST

Hi,
This is a pachadi my mother taught me very very long back, I keep doing it now & then, The other day when I was talking to my sister (who is in India ) , asked me what I had prepared for Lunch & I was telling her I did vendakaayi sambhar, Moolangi kosambari & Ridge Gourd pachadi, she said what is it ? how did I prepare that? I told her it was Mum's Recipe, She was upset because mom never taught her, well, I was the one who always loved cooking so, I always helped her in the kitchen & both of us trying new recipes & methods was great time, those bygone days .... was really fun, I told her how I did it and here I am posting this Recipe, My family do like it & I keep it doing it now & then.
As usual as Raji says no pachadi photo!!, I forgot to take one, next time I make I will take a photo & post it in the blog. Even though there is no interesting you all try & make this recipe which is really very nice.
Here is the Recipe :
RIDGE GOURD PACHADI
















Ingredients:

  • 1 medium sized Ridge Gourd

To Grind

  • 1/4 cup of fresh grated coconut
  • 2 tbsp of Roasted gram (Hurigadale/chutney dal)
  • 1 tbsp of Black Til
  • 2 to 3 flakes of Tamarind
  • little bit of jaggery
  • 2 green chillies
  • a pinch of asafoetida
  • salt to taste

METHOD:

  1. First of all scrape the Ridge Gourd skin and keep it aside do not throw them, If the Ridge Gourd are quite tender you can make chutney out of them, I have posted, how to make it, you can try and it really is very tasty.
  2. Dice them into pieces & cook them in one or two tumblers of water until they become soft.
  3. Meanwhile, Take a pan, dry roast the til seeds, until they start spluttering
  4. Grind all the above said ingredients with the cooked Ridge Gourd & its water.
  5. Season the pachadi with a tsp of oil & a tsp of mustard seeds.
  6. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with hot rice.
  7. If you want, you can add plain thick curds/yogurt to it & serve.

VARIATIONS:

This pachadi can also be made with Mooli/Moolangi/Radish & cucumber, These Vegetables need not be cooked as Ridge Gourd, you can grate them & grind them with all the other ingredients said above & with cucumber chop them into thin slices as you cut them for Kosumbari (salad) and mix with it, season it & serve. Some people call this as Southekaayi Gojju.

When I was writing this I thought we can even try with chow-chow/seemebadanekaayi/Bangalore Katharika, but you have to cook them & not to grind the vegetable but just the ingredients, mix it with the cooked vegetable & cook them for few more minutes on the stove, season & serve!!!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online