RECENT POST

This is one of my favourite dishes, I love Gobi Manchurians, I always made this at home often after comming here, When I first saw button mushrooms I just fell in love with them, I thought they were so cute, The first time when I bought it, I was thinking what shall I do with it, So the first time I made mushroom bondas!!, I dipped them in the Besan flour with salt & chilli powder and fried in oil, my children thought it tasted nice but what was it they did not know!!, They thought it might be Aaloo, They always want potato in their everyday food!!, well, I told them later on they were not very happy about as I had cheated them because they thought it was potatoes!!!, Next time I made Manchurian and it came out very well, Of course, not a very healthy recipe as I have fried it in oil!!, But as we all know Mushrooms have lot of Folic acid in them which is especially very good for women I thought I can give my children this way too!!, as they do not fancy mushrooms much. Here is the recipe......


MUSHROOM MANCHURIAN

















Ingredients:

  • 350 gms Button Mushrooms
  • 1 big Onion
  • 5 to 6 Garlic pods
  • 1 bunch spring onions
  • 5 to 6 green chillies
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1'' ginger
  • 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
  • salt to taste
  • 3 to 4 tbsp oil
  • 5 to 6 sprig of coriander leaves (optional)
  • 4 to 5 tbsp corn flour
  • 2 to 3 tbsp besan flour (chickpea flour)
  • Sufficient oil for deep frying

METHOD:

  1. Chop onion, garlic, green chilles & ginger into fine pieces and keep aside.
  2. In a vessel make a paste of corn & Besan flour using little water & a little salt, it must be of a consistency where in you can dip the mushrooms and put it in the oil, it shouldn't be too watery or too thick, make it into a dosa consistency or just they way when you make Aaloo Bondas.
  3. Take sufficient quantity of oil in a wok and deep fry all the Button Mushrooms into golden colour and keep aside on a kitchen paper.
  4. Now take a wok, heat oil add the chopped onions, garlic, green chillies and ginger. Fry them nicely now add the chopped spring onion for a minute or two
  5. Then add all the sauce, vinegar & ketchup and required quantity of salt, but just remember you have already added little salt to the flour when deep frying the mushrooms so balance the salt properly!!
  6. Give them all a good toss add coriander leaves if you want or otherwise leave it, Now add the fried mushrooms and mix well and leave it in the wok for a few minutes frying them so the ingredients in the wok get coated to the mushrooms.
  7. Now it is ready to serve.

Note :

If you want you can add chopped peppers, Roast them with the onions, this option I saw in Sailugaru's gobi Manchurian cooking, I cook Gobi Manchurian in the same way as above but had never added chopped peppers, when I read in Sailu's cooking I thought I must give it a try, I have not tried still but, I thought it was a good idea, & I can imagine it definitely would taste very well!!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online