RECENT POST

This is a very nutritious pulav, as it has sweet corn & bean sprouts in it. I got used to Sweet corn in Bangalore when the vendors who came on the roads selling American sweet corn roasted on the tawa which had charcoal burning just like the ordinary corn we used to get in Bangalore, I always used to like it the whole cob nicely roasted with the green chutney & lemon drizzled over it, hot & spicy on a rainy day with tears in the eyes, was really exotic!!, when I got married I came to know my Mom-in-law used to like it too....that was fantastic even my children started liking it, so whenever she went out on errands she used to buy us all this & bring home, accidentally one day I came out to buy this I saw 2 men selling in a big cart with loud music these American sweet corns that is what they told me, I thought let me try this, they were quite expensive. Both my mom-in-law & me enjoyed it. Once when I went to market to buy vegetables I came across these cobs which were sold 3 for 25 rupees, I thought this works out well, so I used bring them now & then and make roasted or cooked sweet corns with mint chutney or butter and we all used to enjoy it. when I came to UK I saw sweet corn everywhere in all the super markets I thought this is too good!! I have a stock of this always in the house my daughter loves putting them in the oven & eating it as it is!!!.
Few months back my friend Bhanurekha came to UK to visit her brother krishnan & wife Sucheta with their lovely son Saakketh who live here in Bristol, She dropped by my place one day to see me, As we were chatting she told me that she made sweet corn pilauv, hey ! I thought that's a good idea, I had never thought about it......well, that is how I started making sweet corn pilauv, she doesn't use onions or garlic in her cooking, well, I not too staunch a Tamilian I am very liberal with my onions & garlic, they are always a part of my cooking!!

SWEET CORN-BEAN SPROUTS PALUV















Ingredients:

  • 1 tumbler Basmathi Rice
  • 1/2 cup sweet corn
  • 1/2 cup bean sprouts
  • 3 to 4 tbsp oil

To grind:

  • 1 cup mint leaves
  • 5 to 6 sprigs of coriander leaves
  • 3 to 4 green chillies
  • 1'' ginger
  • 3 to 4 pods Garlic
  • 1 onion

Seasoning:

  • 2 Bay leaves
  • 3 Cloves
  • 1'' Cinnamon stick
  • 1 Marati Moggu

METHOD:

  1. Wash & soak rice for 10 to 15 minutes, Drain out all the water and fry rice in a pan with 1/2 tsp of Ghee, or you can just wash & add the rice directly just wash & add without any soaking or frying, both ways it works well.
  2. Grind all the ingredients to a paste in the header 'To grind' or you can take a pan with a tsp of oil and fry all the ingredients, & then grind into a paste.
  3. Most of the times I do this because then I do not need to add more oil in the wok or pressure pan to fry the ground paste until a nice aroma comes out of it .
  4. Take a wok or a pressure cooker which ever you choose to cook, add all the spices in seasoning and fry for a minute or two.
  5. Then fry the ground paste,
  6. Then add the corn & bean sprouts fry for a minute or two in a low flame then add the rice mix them all well together.
  7. Add the required quantity of salt
  8. Add water in the ratio 1:2
  9. close the lid of the pressure cooker & keep weight on it, if it is a wok then also close the wok with a lid & cook in a low flame for about 12 to 15 minutes.
  10. No need for the whistle to come, just note down the timings and put off the stove, simple & easy. when it is little cool, separate out the grains mix them all well together, & serve it garnished with coriander leaves & raitha of your choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online