RECENT POST

This snack you can get in all the road sides of Bangalore, it's absolutely delicious and on a rainy day it is a great snack to munch!! Everybody would be knowing how to make this, It just happened my hubby's friend somy came to my house, he loves cooking and I used to teach him rasams, sambhars etc., and I was telling him about my blog and told him now he can look into the recipes from their, as I post everything I cook!!, He was very happy seeing my blog...., Then he asked me if I have posted Onion Bhaji, I said, no I have not done it yet!! well, he wanted to know how it is made because in his office canteen they wanted to know how to make it....That's it.....Grabbing this chance I decided to show him how to make it then & their.....before he finished drinking his chai I gave him this onion pakoras to go with it!!!, I prepared only so much which is in the plate which I have posted their.!! how zit?

But then I wanted to make a little difference so I thought I will bring Sagari, from sagariiscooking to my kitchen, her onion pakodis was always in my mind, so as I had told earlier in her blog I used CASHEW NUTS in this recipe, Of course my husband loved it, as always he goes nuts over the nuts in dishes......Thanks Sagari we all loved it with cashews in pakoras.
ONION BHAJI


















Ingredients:

  • 2 Onions
  • 8 to 10 cashew nuts
  • 1 sprig of curry leaves
  • 4 tbsp of Bengal gram flour
  • 2 tbsp rice flour
  • 1/2 tsp chilli powder
  • salt to taste
  • 2 to 3 Green chillies
  • a bit of Ginger
  • a pinch of baking soda

METHOD:

  1. Chop onions length wise, green chillies thinly sliced, ginger into pieces, curry leaves also chopped.
  2. Add required quantity of salt, mix it with the above ingredients and leave it for few minutes, The onions with the help of salt gives out water on its own!!
  3. Then mix in the cashews and the flours, add water if it is very powdery by sprinkling little by little, do not add too much water, then the pakoras will never turn out crispy.
  4. Heat enough oil in a deep frying pan, that is enough to fry the pakoras, just take them in your hand no need to give them any shape, they can be dropped in the oil in irregular shapes and sizes.
  5. Deep fry them and serve them with nice Aromatic chai.

NOTE:

I have made the above recipe in sagari's style, but I also make them like this too....

Ingredients: The ingredients and the method mentioned above is all same except I use

  • 1 cup rice flour
  • 1 cup Chutney dal powder/Hurigadale pudi/Roasted gram flour

I use them in equal quantities sieve them together and mix them up, I keep it ready most of the time, so, when ever i want to make Pakodas I use this flour instead of chick pea flour, but the method is all the same. This comes out very very crispier just like they sell in the shops. You can also try this method too....

Thanks sagari for coming to my kitchen we all loved it. My photo is not so good as yours, Your photos were so tempting & mouth watering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online