RECENT POST

From my childhood I always loved to eat Rice mixed with chutni pudi, Molaga pudi, Gojjus & Rice varieties like chitranna, pulav, mixed vegetable rice etc., My daddy always used to tease me about this, The best thing i remember as a child when ever my mom made Fresh Rasam Powder Daddy used to mix it with Rice & oil and give us all a nice big ball of it & we all loved it so much!! My mouth is watering when I am thinking about those days, we always had a dinner together however late my dad came from his office!!.
After I got married in my in-laws house as they are from Tamilnadu, they used to eat lot of these Rice mix & eat dishes, my mom-in-law used to prepare paruppu podi most of the times, then I started learning lot of other pudis which were not only yummy but good for health!!
well, I am going to start with peanut powder from shivu's mom, actually I have not done so well as she does, first is always the best I think, even though everybody is liking it & it is getting over and I think I need to do it once more in 2 days that too, the way my eldest is consuming !!!!,
Here is the Recipe...
PEANUT POWDER

















Ingredients:

  • 1 tumbler split roasted skin peeled Groundnuts
  • 10-12 pods of garlic
  • 1/4 bunch or 6-7 sprigs of fresh coriander leaves
  • 5-5 Red chillies (guntur- badgi)
  • 1 tbsp or salt as desired
  • 1 tsp oil
  • 1/4 tumbler dry copra or dessicated coconut
  • 3-4 flakes or small gooseberry sized tamarind
  • 1 sprig curry leaves (optional)

METHOD:

  1. First of all take a pan or wok dry roast Ground nuts until nice aroma starts coming out of them or when the skin starts peeling off.
  2. Take out them from the wok & keep it aside to cool
  3. Next in the same pan or wok take a tsp of oil, heat then add the garlic pods & fry them until they start changing colour to it add the coriander leaves & fry them till they look like whithering away.
  4. With that fry the Red chillies too & fry Tamarind too in it.
  5. Once all of them are nicely fried take them out & allow it cool
  6. Meanwhile take the roasted peanuts and remove the husk from them & remove the small node like portion from the top of the nuts when you split open them.
  7. Take one tumbler of peanuts in measure & mix with all the other ingredients & dry powder in the mixie coarsely.
  8. put them in a jar & it may last up to 10-15 days.
  9. It is now ready to be served with plain rice & a dollop of ghee in it!

Not only people of Tamilnadu but people from Andra also have Rice mix & eat podis in their first course of their meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online